Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 25

Hmmm... This whole one-blog-per-day hasn't worked out too well. Not that anyone is reading this to care or keep me honest! That's okay. I just realized that I'm 1/4th of the way through my summer. What a bummer.

In California for the Simons Family Reunion. It is fantastically beautiful - gold country, but in my opinion it is rich more for its topical geography than for its mineral capacity. Oh well, no one asked me. The landscape is so intense, it inspires stories based upon it. I am extremely fascinated in the people who moved here in the 1830s. It is so rugged, and making a life here must have taken many lives' work. Thus, I am moved to write a story for the land and for the forgotten people who perched here on the edge of existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment