Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SPERRY TOP-SIDERS

Or in laymen's terms, boat shoes! I just purchased a standard pair of boat shoes on ebay, for $20 off the standard price, and the ones I got are new, so I thought it was a pretty good deal. I'll be working on the Elissa this summer, and possibly on other boats next fall, and I decided I just really wanted some boat shoes. They are all-purpose shoes, similar to sandals in that you can pretty much pair them with any casual-semicasual outfit to give it that added something. They will also, I'm hoping, remind me of how much I love working on the Elissa, and how I want to be out there in Galveston once a week for as many weeks as I can. I hope to be able to sleep on board, as that would really add to the maritime mystique and that's what I'm all about.

Just a few thoughts before I hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment