Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 43

Unfortunately, I am almost exactly halfway through my summer. Yet it feels like it has only just begun! How strange...
As an update, I am home again from vacation in California, and now am suffering from jetlag-induced insomnia. Hopefully this will pass, as I'm quite sick of it by now. Also, things are definitely over between me and Karl (name changed for privacy). He was really pretty awful to me, and while I don't condemn him worthless as a person, he is certainly not worth my time. I only wish I had figured this out before I got so involved with him emotionally and physically. Still, it is over, and I have more experience and a couple pleasant memories to say for it. Now I am just in want of a boy, one who I would actually enjoy spending time with! Or at least one who would want to kiss me without asking for so much more along with the kiss.  But that's how boys are, or at least how they've always presented themselves as to me. I hope college will open the arena to more acceptable boys, but I'm inclined to doubt this optimism.
Summer is fleeting, and I don't quite know how I want it to proceed. I do love spending time with my friends, but at the same time I would like some quiet home time. I guess the real problem is that I have too many groups of friends! I never thought I'd be saying this, but my social life is way to involved. I have to cycle through the groups, so as to spend some time with each group, and it's exhausting. Well, tomorrow nothing's planned until the evening, so I'll have a nice day at home at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment