Tuesday, May 25, 2010

100 Days of Summer: Day 1

Today is the 146th day of 2010. 100 days and one summer vacation stand between me and college, and I thought I would make a project for myself: I will post one blog entry every day of this summer vacation, and make a record of this last high school summer. I do not require that my posts should be long or interesting, but simply the things I would want to read in some forgotten journal from the past. Basic, every day stuff. A log of me, if you will.

This morning I overslept, waking at mom's insistence at 6:58 am. I wasn't too worried about it. Finals week, which this is, is not terribly concerning, as I've already had my hardest exam yesterday (Physics, on which I made a 58, which brought my overall semester average down to an 83. Thank god I made 90s the rest of the year!). Today I just finished BCIS, the easiest test ever (we were given time before the test to go over all of the test questions and answers). Tomorrow I have English IV, which should be a breeze, though I have to write a paper on it. It's only on about half of The Merchant of Vinice, so no worries. I saw Merchant two years ago at Windale, and the year before that with the Actors from the London Stage, both of whom made a lasting and good impression on my mind. I am well acquainted with the story, and as such am expecting to perform well tomorrow. I suppose I can tell you tomorrow how it turns out.

I am terribly excited for college. I just keep thinking of all the cool things that I'll be privy to: The USS Constellation, Lancaster County's Amish community, the Atlantic ocean, Washington D.C., Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Choreographie Antique (historic dance course I'll be signing up for), all the area museums, the Chesapeake Bay maritime history, and more that I can't even remember! Needless to say, I'm really interested in history, and am hankering to get up there.

The rich maritime history is especially exciting, as they posesses so much more of it than we do down here in the Gulf. The Houston Channel is not exactly a hotbed of historic ship ventures, although we are blessed with The Elissa. In Baltimore I'll be able to attend Chantey Sings - which is really cool! 

My new location has also rekindled the fire in me to reenact. I suppose I should speak of that on my reenactment blog, but I'm in no mood to try and upkeep on two different blogs. It doesnt' work to have two journals, and I'm pretty sure blogs follow the same time-committment laws as physical logs do. Weirdly enough, I'm interested in reenacting as a boy, a ship's boy to be exact. But I'm not sure the time-to-economic ratio is very good. I'll be in college, and then having something to do outside of school (code for not as often as I'd like) with a hefty price tag (if I bought the togs I'd be out of pocket around $400) doesn't sound too do-able.

Well, it's something I'll be back tomorrow. Right now there's a terribly heated religious vs. science debate, and I can't concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment